:: EXCERPTS FROM WHO MOVED MY CHEESE ::
I REALISED THAT I haven’t been writing for a while, therefore I thot of putting up some excerpts of the books I have recently read.
The excerpts of the book I’m gonna put up tonight is “Who Moved My Cheese”
“Cheese” as defined in the book, is a metaphor for what we have in life - be it a good job, a loving relationship, money, good health or a spiritual piece of mind.
“The Maze”, is where we look for what we want – the organisation we work in, our family or the community we live in.
The story is about 4 different characters who were faced with unexpected changes. Eventually, one of them deals with it successfully and writes his experience on the maze walls.
HANDWRITINGS ON THE WALL
1) Cheese makes you happy.
2) The more important your Cheese is to you, the more you want to hold on to it.
3) If you do not change, you can become extinct.
4) What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
This phrase is something we should alwiz ask ourselves when we are afraid to change, to clear our mind. Sometimes fear is good, as it can prompt you into action – bcuz you know that it could get worse if you do not do something about it. But it’s not good when you are so afraid that it refrains you from doing anything,
5) Smell the Cheese often so you know when it is getting old.
6) Movement in a new direction helps you find New Cheese.
7) When you stop being afraid, you feel good.
8) Imagining yourself enjoying your neNew Cheese leads you to it.
9) The quicker you let go of Old Cheese, the quicker you’ll find New Cheese.
10) It is safer to search in the maze, than to remain in a cheeseless sitution.
11) Old beliefs do not lead you to NeNew Cheese.
12) When you see that you can find and enjoy New Cheese, you change course.
13) Noticing small changes early helps you adapt to the big changes that are to come!
They keep moving The Cheese.
Get ready for the Cheese to move
Smell the Cheese often so you know when it is getting old
Adapt To Change Quickly
The quicker you let go of Old Cheese, the quicker you’ll find New Cheese
Move with the Cheese
Savor the adventure and enjoy the taste of New Cheese
Be Ready To Change Quickly & Enjoy It Again And Again
They keep moving the Cheese
SOME GOOD QUOTES
“Change happens to all of us”
“Denial. Sometimes we’re not even aware that we are afraid.”
“It’s not that they ‘moved the cheese’, but that the Cheese has a lfe of its own and eventually runs out”
“It’s alot better to initiate change while you can than it is to try to react and adjust to it. Maybe we can move our own Cheese.”
Old cheese is old behavoir.
What we really need to let go is the behavoir that is the cause of a bad relationship, and move on with a better way of thinking & acting. The New Cheese is a new relationship with the same person.
Repeating the same behavoir will just get you the same results.
Sometimes, instead of changing jobs, we should be changing the way we are doing our job.